CENTAC JET Puducherry Application & Reservation
Reservation of seats for various degree courses in Puducherry under various categories is given in the tables below:
Percentage of Reservation
|Scheduled Caste (SC) – Applicable for OriginSC Candidates only||16|
Most Backward Classes (MBC) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) (a ratio of 60:40 as quantum of reservation for MBC and OBC respectively out of overall reservation of 33%)
33 (20 + 13)
Children / Grand Children of Freedom Fighter (FF) *
Physically Handicapped (PH) *
Wards of Ex-Servicemen
Candidates who are excellent in Sports (SP) *
Special Allocation Category
Candidates from Karaikal Region *
Candidates from Mahe Region *
Candidates from Yanam Region *
* Seats reserved / allocated under these categories will become operational, only if, the minimum member of seats earmarked for each of these categories are not filled up, under normal process of selection in any category.
- The candidates appearing for JET has to answer two question papers one in Mathematics and other in Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry).
- The duration of examination is 2 hour.
- Paper in Mathematics contains 60 questions and Physical Science 80 questions i.e. 40 in Physics and 40 in Chemistry.
Admission criteria for Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin / Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries
Candidates holding a foreign passport and who have passed "A" level General Certificate of Education (GCE A-level) or its equivalent qualification can apply against 15% supernumerary seats in each of the undergraduate programs. There is no entrance test for admission against supernumery seats.
Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries should require appearing for All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) and enclosing Valid Score Card for Admission into B.Tech. Program.
There are 4 test centres for CENTAC JET.
- Candidates seeking admission to B.Tech degree course should apply only in the application form and coding sheet prescribed for B.Tech. degree course.
- Filled-in Applications for admission along with Coding Sheet / (s) and all necessary enclosures should be sent in the prescribed envelope to:
Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC),
Pondicherry Engineering College campus,
Puducherry –605 014
- Applications received after the due date and time will be summarily rejected and no further correspondence will be entertained in this regard.